Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wire Wrapping and You!


A few years ago I came across this wonderful store at the Michigan Renaissance Festival. This was my first encounter with wire wrapping. The store had these beautiful faceted gemstones wrapped in thick silver wire. They came in all shapes and sizes and colors. After purchasing two necklaces over two years, I was inspired to try some wire wrapping myself.

I have learned that the most important thing in creating jewelry, is to try new and different things. One of the best ways to get inspired is to surf the web looking at other designs. Etsy.com is a great place to purchase beautiful one of a kind designs. It is also a great place to sell your own designs and network with other designers doing the same.

Now that the holidays are over, and I have some time to myself, I plan in developing some new designs and sharing them on etsy.com/shop/dietrichdesigns.

Do you have some clever ideas and creative designs? Feel free to leave a comment and a link to your site! Happy wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment