
I have been dabbling on Etsy for a few months. It's a great way to promote your craft and get to know others who have similar interests as you. I have read quite a few blogs on the ins, and outs of Etsy. The first thing you need to know, is that it isn't easy to make the sales you want on Esty.com. You have to stick with it.
Learn to take and edit your pictures in a way that best showcases your product. Add new products daily; maybe even several times a day. Be sure to tag your new items appropriately, and with as many tags you can think of. For example, if you post a sterling silver necklace, with a red pendant, make sure you tag the color, pendant, sterling silver, and also the size, and type of the chain. If you wire wrap your jewelry, there is a tag for that also.
Surf Etsy as a shopper. See what's out there and always add shops and items to your favorites when you like something. Share with your Facebook friends! Just don't over do it. Business cards are a must! There are a lot of free templates out there and you can print your own. Leave them everywhere you go!
There is a lot of competition on Etsy. I like to think of it as fellow crafters instead. We can all learn from each other, and buy from each other. I have purchased supplies and tools all from Etsy sellers.
I haven't sold as much as I would like to, but I'm getting there, and you can too! Stick with it and remember, that you can't fail if you don't try... but you can't succeed either!
Feel free to stop by and say "Hi!" and add me to your favorites! etsy.com/shop/dietrichdesigns

No comments:
Post a Comment